The intensity and colour of this wine are typical for a modern Chianti Classico Riserva. The wine has been vinified at a controlled temperature and without adding pure culture yeast.
- Classification: DOCG – Denominazione di origine controllata e garantita
- Production area: Panzano in Chianti, entirely produced and bottled in the Fattoria di Rignana
- Grape variety: 90% Sangiovese, 10% Cabernet Franc
- Certification: Organic wine
- Vintage: 2014
- Exposure: Southeast - Southwest
- Altitude: 350 above the sea level
- Soil typology: Argillaceous limestone
- Training system: Guyot, cordon trained
- Start of harvest: October, handpicked
- Vinification: 21 days in stainless steel vats, max. 27°C, spontaneous malolactic fermentation
- Aging period: 24 months in oak barrels (barriques) of 1st and 2nd passage
- Production: 5.500 bottles 0,75 lt.
- Alcohol percentage: 13,5%
- Organoleptic features: Deep red color, red fruit and spicy aromas, soft and persistent taste.
- Well-suited to: Particularly suited to game and cheese.